Shower Enclosures That Impress
How would you rate your shower right now? Do you like it? Could it be better? What if I told you that there are types of shower enclosures that you have not seen before in your life? Most of us have a vision of what our dream bathroom would be. It should be large, luxurious, accessorized, and suited according to personal preference. The shower enclosure is one of the first things people see when they enter your bathroom. There are as many types of enclosures as there are people who use them! Why don’t we look into some of the better designs for shower enclosures?
Designs For Shower Enclosures
- Pivot doors are the most common. This design is often preferred over sliding doors because of the ease of use. They are likewise less likely to jam up compared with sliding doors.
- Sliding doors are still very common and easy to use if properly maintained.
- Folding doors use a folding mechanism and slide rail to save space over traditional pivot doors. It is important to keep these mechanisms clean and free from debris to ensure the door operates smoothly.
- A quadrant enclosure is a corner shower. These are very nice shower enclosures. They are typically covered by a curved, sliding door, built right into the corner of the room. Quadrant enclosures are excellent space savers.
- Walk-in showers are completely open types of shower enclosures that utilize glass screens to deflect the water back into the area.
What About Style?
For those with interestingly discerning tastes, there are options for the tile and glass that will set your shower enclosure apart from other bathrooms. Your bathroom does not have to look ordinary if you do not wish it to. Check out some of these styles for glass and tile that will make your bathroom stand out:
- Glass block enclosure. These are great looking, easy to clean, and easy to set in place according to your needs.
- Textures glass shower enclosure. These doors distort light so that people can inside the shower, but not the details.
- Colored glass doors. This is one of the best things to make your shower stand out! Everyone else has the clear glass. Why not do something original for once?
- Color-changing shower tiles. These tiles are awesome if you want the walls of your shower to turn into a myriad of psychedelic colors every time you wash up.
- Multi-color LED shower head. I know its not tile or glass, but it just had to be mentioned here! This adds cool lighting effects that make it look like its raining in your shower. Combine that with the above tiles for an aesthetically pleasing experience.
Your shower enclosure can be truly unique if you want. There are companies that will take the glass for your shower enclosure and sandblast a design into it. Some can even embed colored designs inside the glass itself. The best way to find the design and style you want is to imagine it yourself, then do a google search to see if there is a company doing what you are looking for. Chances are you will get lucky and find it!
Time to you to design your own Shower Enclosures!