Things You Should Know When Buying A Wrought Iron Fence
Why Do You Need Wrought Iron Fence?
A wrought iron fence can be an excellent addition to any property. It adds character, elegance, and security to a front yard. Chain link, vinyl, and wood fences are not as durable as a wrought iron fence. Not only are they strong, but they stand the test of time. There are pros and cons to buying a wrought iron fence. We will look at both those points in this article, so please check out the points below. First, lets discuss the pros of buying this type of fence:
Advantages of Wrought Iron Fence
- Your fence will outlive you. Wrought iron fence is built tough and thick. They are made to last 50+ years.
- They are great for security. Pointy iron fence is great for keeping out people who like to climb over fence. I don’t even want to think what happens if they slip and fall halfway over.
- Fencing can be bought pre-painted to avoid the hassle of painting a new fence.
- A wrought iron fence is low-maintenance. It only needs to be painted about once a decade. That is when you check for any inconsistencies with the fence.
Disadvantages of Wrought Iron Fence
- A wrought iron fence is very expensive. Typical price range is anywhere from $24 to $34 a square foot. That means getting the entire yard done will cost about $1,400 to $9,000.
- 25% of the cost is for labor. Unless you have the strength of a titan, the best way to get one installed is by a fencing company. Try to get as many quotes as possible so you can select the one offering the best value for money.
- Wrought iron fence is bad for privacy. The fence offers virtually no privacy at all. Bad people and animals may not be able to get in, but they will be able to see everything you do.
- Punched channels can be purchased at a hardware store, but it is critical that they are lined up properly. It takes a bit more work to measure them and ensure that everything lines up.
Those are just a few of the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing a wrought iron fence. Countless people love these fences for security. You can’t see through a plank wood fence as easily, but you can knock it down with a hammer and easily break into a yard. That is very difficult to do with a wrought iron fence. Aside from driving into one with a vehicle, there is no way that thing is coming down, and even that might not work.
Wrought iron fence looks beautiful and distinguished. They are also very durable. Depending on your needs and the size of your yard, expect to spend several grand up to ten grand for one of these babies. If you can’t afford to foot the bill for the cost of the project, you may want to plan on installing your own wrought iron fence. Always remember to go with a quality manufacturer from word-of-mouth references or check for reviews online, and make sure the warranty covers all materials used in construction of the fence.